11 March 2011

The Countdown

This semester has been quite busy, the culprit behind my serious lack of adventures and entries. A nomad's nightmare! But I thought I would take this time to update you on what is to come. You know, make up for lost time and pique your interest once again. Consider this a teaser, a sneak peek, a preview, or any other clever way of saying stay tuned!

First, I'd like to show you all something that I have created recently for my digital design course. The prompt was to create a promotional postcard. What better to promote than this awesome blog!? This is my first attempt at Typography but I scored a High Distinction (equivalent of an American 'A') so I suppose I am doing the design world some justice. Feast your eyes on this!

Click on image to enlarge

Now, for what's to come:

April 26 - May 15 ∞ Backpacking through New Zealand with a mate. Highlights will include breezing through Auckland, discovering the glow worms inside Waitomo Caves, tasting wine from the vinyards of Malborough, swimming with seals in Kaikoura, hiking amidst one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Oceania Franz Josef Glacier, fishing somewhere in the South Island and possibly jumping out of a plane in Queenstown.

June 3 ∞ The Gold Coast will be hosting the "Cooly Rocks On" Rock & Roll festival. The event will include people fully dressed for the occasion, old school classic cars, and live music. I'm sure there will be some good grub too, yum! Oh, I hope there is Kangaroo Pie or is that not fit for the occasion? Since I will be missing out on the greatness that is July 4th, this will just have to do!

June 22 - July 1 ∞ Momma Bear & Georgie Pie will be gracing me with their presence, yes! I am so excited to share this experience with them. Besides showing them around the Gold Coast, we will escape to Sydney for a weekend. I have refrained from visiting the city before their arrival so that we can all share the moments of seeing the Sydney Opera House, cruising the Sydney Harbour and touring the town together. Maybe when we're back on the coast, I can get Mum to consider kayaking or getting into a Hot Air Balloon with Joi and I =).

Soon to be reunited...

July 15 - July 27 ∞ My long time friend—and by long time, I mean about 18 years— will be trying her hand at this Ozzie lifestyle. Besides showing her how many drinks we can throw back here and visiting local attractions, our biggest adventure will be to Hamilton Island to visit the Great Barrier Reef. I just want to find Nemo!

Aug 23 - Aug 25 ∞ Here is where the real FUN begins and I begin to make my way home. My New Zealand partner-in-crime and I will begin our long journey to States in Malaysia. From there, we will spend a week's time in Cambodia. Sites to include Angkor Wat & Siem Reap. This brings us to about Aug 31, when I will fly to Beijing and hike The Great Wall, visit the Forbidden City, Summer Palace and see what this Pearl Market is all about! Oh, I'm not done yet. On Sept 4, I will arrive in Xi'an to volunteer in an Orphanage with the IVHQ program. Traveling with a purpose, so excited! 

And so I continue to get the question, "are you ever coming home?" Yes, and now I finally have a tentative arrival date...

See you State-side, circa September 11th =)

Forget me not...

x

2 comments:

Vonna said...

Nya!!! I'm so jealous!! You're going around backpacking, and scuba diving, and skydiving, and rocket laughing and shit! Lmaooo LOVE the locs, btw!! Looks like we both gained some length aaoooowwww! #AyeAyeOkay =) Miss you, luv!

Unknown said...

Idk where to begin. I'm excited for u n can not wait to read about your adventures & see pics, clearly I gotta live through u. I'm so mad u kept me in suspense! 9.11 aye? Fine wine, good food, & hookah with my pookah! Forget u? Never! Btw that pic is beautiful! Hangtime! I love u twiinkii, keep making us proud.

Post a Comment