09 November 2010

Not-So-Mundane Monday

What comes to mind when I utter the word, "Monday"? You probably just rolled your eyes and let out an exasperated sigh...and I don't blame you. I am usually restless Sunday evenings just thinking of everything the forthcoming week will bring. But not this time. Shweta, a teammate and friend of mine, offered to show me more of the Gold Coast. Our midday roadtrip began with Kirra Beach which is highlighted for its skyline and the surfers who frequent its waves. My toes sunk into the sand as we picked seashells and shared which experiences led us to Australia.

...trace my steps...

...far, far away from here...

...and lead me to Surfers Paradise...

The original plan was to head back to campus in time for my 4PM lecture. And by original, I mean we totally didn't stick to the script. Have you ever seen the movie, "A Walk To Remember"? Well, the protagonist had a bucket list that included standing in two places at once. I am happy to say I had the opportunity to do just that! I stood on the state borderline between New South Wales and Queensland. What is even more interesting is that these two states are in different time zones but they sit one on top of the other!

Please excuse my pants...the waves tried to take a hold of me!

You probably guessed that this wasn't the end of the trip. We stopped over what looked like the Queens Necklace in Bombay, India. Basically, it is a lookout point that oversees Kirra and Tweed Head Beaches.

...With all my love, from the Gold Coast...

Next, we made our way to Byron Bay, which was about an hour drive away. Apparently this beach is also known for surfing and the area is home to Skydiving. The small town is lined with several restaurants and boutiques. For the life of me, (yes, it is that drastic) I cannot remember where we had lunch but I cannot forget how delicious those grilled prawns were! The chips (Translation: fries) were a bit salty but satisfying nonetheless. Eventually, we made our way back to the car...and found the cheekiest (Translation: clever, witty, crass) bumper sticker! 

WARNING: The following photo does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of the author.

...Can't say I didn't warn ya!...

And so we made our way home. Of course, not without stopping at Don Murphy's liquor emporium. All that talk about cocktails, how could I not pick up goon (Translation: boxed wine)!? But I am no slacker. After getting home, I freshened up, ate dinner, and began working on an assignment due Friday. I needed this...

I feel...alive.

6 comments:

Jemima said...

I am absolutely in LOVE with this blog entry. It is without a doubt my favorite of yours. The feet pic? "Trace my steps"--BEAUTIFUL-- as were the other scenic ones. LMAO @ "Tongue my ass"...the standing in two places thing is soooo cool i always wanted to do that herE in the U.S. (Four Corners)...and lastly, you feeling alive brings a smile to my heart =) Love you!

LilMizSunshyne said...

i'm so proud of you nya - the gold coast seems so beautiful, one day i will get there! <3

QueenBabbs said...

Wow scenery looks great. I would never go to class lol. So many people do not get the opportunity to see the world so please enjoy every moment

Nya Anne said...

Ladies,

Thank you for the beautiful comments! I truly appreciate such support; you all keep things in perspective. Hopefully, you get to have similar experiences soon =). You all have a year to visit me *giggles*...

Love.

latha- said...

ZOMGGGGGGGG I FKING LOVEEEE THAT STATE BORDERLINE SHOT. when mandy moore did it in that movie, i thought it was fking amazing and there you go, prove me it can be done even in ozzie. awesome shiz srsly, enough said (:

Anonymous said...

you look indigenous yaself out there lol

Post a Comment